In order to achieve PLST certification a student must be provided hands-on training on a number of topics covered in the PLST. As an administrator you must certify that the student has received this training or that a specific hands-on topic is not applicable to your base (for example, deicing in southern Florida!)
To access the hands-on training record, click on the Training Management tab in the LMS interface and then on the PLST Hands-On icon.
Use the dropdown box in the frame on the right to choose the appropriate student.
Marking PLST Hands-On Complete
1. After selecting the appropriate student, check the box next to the Hands-on items you desire to mark as complete
2. Scroll back to the top of the screen and click the Save button
3. You will then be asked to certify that Hands-On training has been completed for those topics.
4. Click the circle next to "I certify that [student name] has passed the following..."
5. Click the box next to Signature of Trainer
6. Verify with the student that they have received this training and click the box next to Signature of Student
7. Click Save
You have now marked Hands-on Topics as complete.
Marking Hands-On topics as not applicable (N/A)
To mark an item or items as N/A, follow the steps above but in step 4 click the circle next to "I certify that the following Hands-On procedures are not applicable"