The Safety 1st Training Center contains many courses, and a Course Track is a method of presenting and organizing those courses to the student.
NATA has created default Course Tracks for each job Role that will meet the needs of a significant number of users:
- Professional Line Service Track
- Line Service Supervisor Track
- CSR Track.
Firm Admins can also create custom Course Tracks. For each job Role in the Safety 1st Training Center, there are a set of associated courses that might be needed by an employee performing that job. Depending on a firm’s specific services some courses might not be used (ex. Deicing is not likely going to be needed for a firm in Miami). The Course Track feature allows you to specify which courses your students will need to take and in what order.
A Course Track is comprised of Blocks which allow you to create some level of freedom for your students. When multiple courses are placed in a Block, the student can complete those courses in any order they choose. However, Blocks are ordered sequentially meaning students must complete all the courses in Block 1 before they can access the courses in Block 2, and so on.
A few notes on Course Tracks:
- Course Tracks simply guide the order and timing your students take courses. They DO NOT change Ratings
- Significant care should be used when building custom course tracks. You must consider:
- Ratings that will be needed by your student;
- Timing of training;
- The specific courses that will be needed that may not contribute to a rating.
- When constructing custom Course Tracks you should strive to create a track that can be used by the student to cover all their required training. Use different custom tracks for when an employee advances to a new job title or your company begins providing additional services that require training (ie: Aircraft Deicing).
- There is no limit to the number of Course Tracks you can create.