We’ve had several inquiries about how an organization should move from the legacy Safety 1st System to the new Training Center, here are a few key points:
- All legacy Safety 1st certifications are valid until they expire, however, student training records will not be transferred into the new system.
- The new system focuses on ratings, not certificates.
- This allows students to pace their learning and earn ratings as they go rather than a single certificate at the end!
With this in mind, the best practice for transitioning is to:
- Have students that are currently training in the legacy system finish their certification there.
- Add your students to the new Training Center now.
- DO NOT HAVE THEM SPEED THROUGH THE NEW COURSES.
- Allow them to take their time but be sure they earn any needed ratings PRIOR to their legacy certificate expiring.
This means that when recurrent training comes due, it will be spread out over time rather than due all at once, helping to create a continuous training culture!
As always thanks for supporting NATA Safety 1st and do not hesitate to email us firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
And if you are reading this asking yourself "what is this new Safety 1st Training Center all about?" check it out here.