In the Safety 1st Training Center, recurrency is based on individual courses NOT tracks or ratings. You can view the recurrency time frames for each course by visiting the Course Descriptions page.
NOTE: Courses ONLY expire at the end of a calendar month. For example, a course with a 1 year recurrency time frame that was originally completed on 10/12/2020 will expire on 10/31/2021.
Communications Regarding Courses Coming Due for Recurrency
90 Days Prior to Expiration
- The student's status will be set to "Warning" (orange)
- The student will receive an email noting that recurrency is due
- The course page will indicate that expiration is less than 90 days away
30 Days Prior to Expiration
- The student's status will be set to "Alert" (red)
- An email will be sent to the student and administrator
- The course page will indicate that expiration is less than 30 days away
- The student's status will remain "Alert" for 30 days unless recurrency is completed.
- The student and administrator will receive an email
- The student will lose any ratings that depend upon this course
- The course will be reset to an uncomplete status
Notes on Recurrency
- Students will be required to complete the Lesson & Exam for recurrency
- OJT is NOT required for recurrency as it was provided when the course was completed originally
- If a course has a Practical Exam, it will need to be documented as complete for recurrency. On the Practical Exam page, the specific item will say "Expiring". When the student successfully completes the Practical Exam, change the date, and click save.